Sunday, November 26, 2017

2/6/17 Super Sunday

Hello Ghana,

It is a good thing your previous companions e-mail us or we may miss small parts of your mission experience.Thanks for confirming the info. Any thing else we should be asking? You have never used the code system. Should we worry? Sister Wardle is nice to post pictures on facebook. We saw a great one this week with your companion. The Woods are also nice enough to still e-mail here and there.

Porter may be contemplating a pet tarantula after getting several hobo spider bites. (the tarantula would keep away the hobos) I am wondering if it is Heavenly Father's way of answering my prayers for a cleaner room, but it hasn't seemed to help him keep his clothes off the floor. We will see how this week goes. I will have to give his future wife a disclosure agreement. 

Yesterday Porter went to a Jazz Festival in Pocatello and they sounded really good!!!  I was so impressed. ISU did a live stream, so we were able to give the link to grandma and grandpa. I think you would have loved it. Did you ever get the general conference/music SD card?

Today we went to grandma Nikki's and each person in our family made a portion of dinner and we broker our fast together.  Pace made some really yummy Swedish Meatballs and Tad some awesome apple/pear crisp. Porter was stuck with bottled beans and grape juice, so he didn't get the high praise. The little kids made delicious mashed potatoes. Paper plates!!! It made for a fun afternoon together. Any fun stories with food for you lately? 

You know we aren't very dedicated football fans, so when I saw lots of Superbowl food specials at the grocery store I thought, why not have the fun food and do a Super Sunday party?  We played games and had prizes. Dad won several twinkies  and Pace came in dead last with the consolation prize. Sadie commented that it was much better than having to watch the football game. ; ) Prophetic priority- Keep the Sabbath Day Holy


Paige Bennett returned from her mission and was at church today. She has grown a lot. It is fun to see. 

I am feeling a little exhausted after several people from the primary were called in the new R.S. and Y.W. presidencies. We have 13 callings to fill (that includes teachers, nursery, and cub scout callings). Tell me more about the growing church...I bet it will help me put my dilemma in perspective. 

The missionaries asked if we could do one of the new member discussions for Zac and Zaide here on Wednesday. HOoray, we get to be apart of missionary work!!!  It will be on the gospel of Jesus Christ from PMG. Zac and Zaide even came to church today. 

Dad spoke at the early morning side on Wed, but didn't really tell any of us beforehand. Porter said he did a really good job and said he had several people comment to him how good his dad did. A boy came up to Dad at the stake BB games and thanked him for a great talk. I could'tn tell what Pace thought of it, but he went. (Remember feeling really irritated with your mom/parents for even small things? It has been that kind of a week for Pace. He did laugh a lot today when we were playing games)

That is right.... Stake BB has started. Along with Stake volleyball for Dad. It is the last week for school skiing.  The financial class is halfway through. Tad's pigs are alive and fattening up. They are now planning for lambs. Usually the Middle School 6th grade does the Ellis Island project, but they switched it up this year and did a Mars Project. Similar lead up,different theme, fun culmination on Friday. Davis is in the middle of the 5th Harry Potter book. Expeliarmus sp? can be heard often with spells flying past my head.

Sadie received your Christmas letter this week. Nice handwriting and advice! She is actually doing great at reading her scriptures. We are challenging them in primary to make a habit of personal scripture study. She is even quick to share what she reads and her thoughts with me. 

 

Q- Tell us more about your new companion.
Who are you teaching?
Send us pictures of your apartment and the landscape.
What is primary like in your branch? 
What hymns do you sing the most?
Do you see any white people, apart from the missionaries?
What is the predominant religion in your area?
Do you have any problems sleeping on your mission?

Your previous companions are awesome. I love their 2-3 sentence e-mails.  It is more descriptive than anything I could write. "Mom I am always encouraged on a daily basis when ever I used my light that you sent me. It is always my great prayer that I becomes a light to myself the people I served and even my companion.Even this is my favorite scripture about the LIght of Christ Moroni 7:18-19. Please extend my greeting to your family." Can you guess who that is? Do you have a way you can contact native comps after your mission?

Spiritual thoughts- Christ performed the atonement based on the POTENTIAL he saw in us. He did not just see what we were or what we weren't. The farther I get in life the more need I have in the enabling power of the atonement. The gap of my sincere effort and really what is needed is a growing chasm.

Like Adam and Eve we face decisions with little experience or understanding of the consequence. Sometimes misinformation, or ignorance leads us into a bad choice.  We have an innate desire to experience for ourselves, even if it means making a mistake. We also have a strong desire to progress, learn, fix, move, try, fail and test.  Our actions never just affect us. 

We love you. Keep doing the hard things!!!  

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment