Sunday, November 26, 2017

12/11/16 Mystery Blessing?

Hello Ghana!

We are so sorry our e-mail wasn't sent in time for you last week. I hope there was some mystery blessing in that. I hope it wasn't the hardest week of your mission.

I saw Elder Hendersen's mom post a picture of you, so I messaged his mom. It was fun to connect with her. His blog described the mashed potatoes also. It was funny. 

My Aunt Becky and Uncle Bill are on a mission in Sri Lanka. They sent this info for you. If you want me to look into it more, let me know. 

"I wonder if Isaac knows that the Harmon Foundation works with the church to provide keyboards for keyboard students who pass the church music courses.  There is a church conducting class/book and a piano class/book.  I apply for the keyboards and they are mailed here along with the course material.  Then I have each student sign a contract that they are borrowing them and if they complete the course, we can apply for them to keep the keyboard.  If they do not complete the course, the keyboard is returned.  Classes can be given at the church and the keyboards can stay at the church or if you can trust to send them home and they have electricity, then the student can use them to practice at home.  It is a wonderful program to help those who cannot afford a keyboard and provides trained musicians for church service.  It is a little tricky to make sure the students understand the condition under which they can keep the keyboard.  The sister senior missionary before me even had her students play in a recital.  I am continuing to have the students prepare and play one hymn at Sunday services if they are willing.  We had non-members take lessons too which resulted in baptisms."

Decision time about housing next year.  Are you still ok if I sign you up for the honor dorms? The deadline to decide is Feb 10. 

Are you able to listen to music like "Inside Out" if they are primary songs or hymns?

Last night Dad and I went to a comedy night at BYU-I. It was a great disconnect with therapeutic laughter. Porter and Colton took Sadie and Abby also and went to the other comedy club across campus. He has been going on a date with a different girl every week. 

This week is the Christmas Band concert for Porter on Wednesday and Friday for Tad and Sadie. 

The Hansons bought Keith and Beverly Johnson's home. There has been about 5 young families move into our ward. It has been a great rejuvenation. 

I will keep it short this week. Any questions for us?

We love you and are so grateful for your sacrifice. Dad and I were contemplating going without water or electricity for 2 weeks in honor of you.....but we might have to wait until summer. 

Love you,

Mom

Pictures-
Porter playing in the PEP band. 
Pace LOVING his new police jacket that Ms. Smith gave him. He was glowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment