Sunday, November 26, 2017

1/21/17 How is the transition?

 The pictures from your camera worked great!  I like avoiding the virus infested computers. We can't wait for new pictures.

What a quick change for you. How is the transition going? Any idea how Tamale is doing without you? Was your companion left in a threesome? What is the jungle like? Any new bugs, lions or rhinoceri? Who is your companion? What is your new apartment like (pictures)? What are you learning personally at this time in your mission? How is the food different? Lowdown on your new area? What are your neighbors like? Is it a more populated area? Can you write your next letter in an African accent?

Our week

Sports Fun- 
Tad went skiing with the school, 5 inches of new snow with more coming today. So much for global warming. 
Tad and Pace both came home so happy from the Klondike Derby. Dad took Drew and Davis up for just a few hours to help the Stake on Sat. 
Drew and I watched birds with Grandma Nikki and Kerry. We saw over 10 kinds of birds and a moose in the few hours before school. 
Sadie and I went skiing at Deer Parks and saw over 2,500 swans as they flew and honked around us.  
Stake Volleyball and BB are starting which most of us are looking forward to. 

News from Friends-
Austin's Mom (also at the Chinese Celebration) said that he and Jordan are companions and Jared just got put in their Zone. The mission president didn't know they were from the same town and said, "They are all good Idaho boys!!!" I think you are in the closest area to them.....unless the mission boundaries change. 
Shelby's farewell is next Sunday...the same day as Porter's birthday.
It was Keith and Beverly Johnson's last Sunday in our ward, and he was released from the bishopric. They are moving to Labelle while they build a house near Rigby. Lloyd Becker was sustained in his place. 
Dad spoke as our high councilman with Chris Campbell. They both did awesome and talked on the first of the 5 Prophetic Priorities. 
Porter went to the Midnight Masquerade with Mya Weber. Fun night with a group of friends. She is a lot like Natalie Johnson. 

Member Missionary Work-
Zaide and Zac were baptized yesterday and were confirmed in Sacrament Meeting!!!  Hooray!!! It did not go without some background rollercoasters. We arrived at the Stake Center to find a funeral going on. I didn't feel good about getting into the primary closet behind the casket while the viewing was going on, so I had to make do with some things. Then as I was playing the piano (nervously), Nikki Lewis shared her shock as she saw that she was the baptism talk and we had both prepare talks on the Holy Ghost. I adjusted and gave a short talk on baptism. All the important stuff happened. 
We had an awesome Primary Popcorn Party on Monday complete with dodgeball to celebrate our scripture reading goal. We even had two families of kids come that don't come to church.  

Life in America-
Life has moved on uneventfully with the inauguration of Trump. Another peaceful transfer of power. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir performed in between the vice president and president's oath. Porter informed me that there are a lot of  marches of women protesting Trump. 
We celebrated the Chinese New Year at Drew and Davis' school with an assembly by all the classes(in Chinese) in the morning and carnival in the afternoon. Davis' class was by far the best!!!  The did a chant with animals and actions.....so cool. 
I bought postage stamps highlighting the year of the Rooster....Chinese New Year... in America???
Porter, and Pace are taking the Dave Ramsey Financial Class from Grant and Kris Taylor in preparation for their contribution to the American economy. 

Humor- 
People are getting Becky, Stephanie and I mixed up on a daily basis. This week someone thought I was married to Greg. Another person introduced themself to me as a former resident of Menan who lived down the street from us. I asked her name and she said, "I am also Becky" with a face like, you should know me. Quinton's Grandma came into the primary today and told me that she just realized that Stephanie and I were not the same person with two husbands. I have always wanted to be cloned to get more done... and I have finally found out how to do it. Facebook tagged Tia with my name (face recognition software). 

Thoughts and Scriptures of the Week-
"Tell me & I forget. Teach me & I remember. Involve me & I learn.....(extension from Sadie and I) Let me learn theory+principle+doctrine+law of the gospel+ history behind it and I will understand. Let me struggle, fail, pray, succeed, compare it to the scriptures & teachings of prophets & I will gain wisdom." Prov. 1:5, 4:7, 2 Nephi 28:30, D&C 88:78-80

"I work as hard as I can & do everything within my power and I try and keep the commandments, then I let the Lord make up the difference"- Pres. Benson

1 Nephi 19:7, 9 ....set them at naught and hearkened not to the voice of His council......and He suffered it, because of His loving kindness and His longsuffering toward the children of men.  (Let us be like him in difficult situations)

We love you and pray for you several times a day. Work hard and we will pray for the enabling power of God to help you. 

Love, Mom

PS. Dad here. Tonight we watched a couple of videos from your amnesia visit to the hospital. It was fun to see you answer all the same questions one more time :) Work hard. Be happy. 


Two missionary moms rejoicing in their reuniting at Winco. 




Porter went with Mia Weber to the Moonlight Masquerade last night. 

 Zaide and Zac Marsden's baptism on Saturday.
Sadie and I went cross country skiing to Deer Park Saturday with Amy, Becky, and Rachel. There were 
over 2,500 swans nesting there.


Davis did an awesome job at the Chinese Celebration at his school on Friday

Drew and I went to watch birds with Grandma Nikki and Uncle Kerry on Thursday.



Attac

No comments:

Post a Comment